Friday, March 2, 2007

Hittin The Road

After 2 months of vaguely discussing the possibility of a road trip we decided to complete all the necessary preparation on the date of our departure. “All necessary preparation” consisted of me throwing my 3 pairs of clothes in the trunk, finding a camcorder and purchasing a sizeable amount of marijuana.

Luckily, living in a predominantly hippie town a half an hour from the Canadian border we were able to track down our most important supply within the hour. All we had to do was drive 20 minutes out of town to a house which had last been inhabited in 1978 by a local cocaine czar. The dealer we did business with preferred to be called by his self-given nickname of Dizzle. So we buy our weed from Dizzle and he offers/challenges us to roll matching blunts then he proceeds to smoke the vast majority of both like only a two fisting blunt addict can do. After declining Dizzle’s invitation to “give him hand” by picking up a few bottles sitting around his house we were finally prepared to get one last meal and night of normal sleep at my parents’ house before we hit the road.

Much to my parent’s chagrin I was going to be going on the road trip with the same person who had been there for a majority of my major downfalls in life (see Delta Chi Fraternity, 4th of July at the old Submarine Inn and subsequent Jail sentence for criminal trespassing). They overlooked Corey’s ability to bring the worst out of me, however, because he was willing to take me far away from them for an extended period of time. As a sign of appreciation, my mother prepared us the standard going away meal of lamb chops, salt roll, bake potato with “Mexican sour cream”, goat milk ice cream and a hobo-sized bottle of wine from Costco to take the edge off.

The next morning we said goodbye to my parents, packed up the rest of my stuff into the car and set off on our life-altering super-journey.


-Spencer

1 comment:

Cosmic Rhythm said...

Dat crazy nigga Dizzle owe me 5 dollas. Nothing better than cleaning your weird drug dealers house after smoking multiple blunts, especially coke blunts, they give you the energy you need to really give it your all.
Do your parents read this? You talk alot of shit about them. If they didn't hate you already, which I'm sure they do, then they probably hate you now. If your mom is hot and unhappy tell her I said "whaddup baby." I've always wanted to do one of my friends' moms.