Monday, March 5, 2007

William Tecumseh Sherman is a Lazy Asshole

We were well on our way to the party capital of Washington State and home of the Papermakers (Camas), jamming to disc 2 of the Cream Anthology, when we decided to make a quick detour to a rest stop so we could pick up a cup of coffee. I was more than happy to give up the contents of my pocket (six pennies and a piece of gum) as a donation to the Veterans of Foreign Wars Cause, mostly because I'm sick and fucking tired of giving my change to those freeloading civil war veterans. The coffee wasn't quite worth my donation, but it did the trick and gave us enough of a buzz to complete the second leg of our journey.

- Spencer

1 comment:

Cosmic Rhythm said...

Six pennies back in Civil War days was probably like $7000 so that's a nice little extra fuck you to all those 165 year old Civil War veterans. Like, "Hey, look at all these pennies that I'm not giving to you. That's right, these babies are going overseas to Foreign Wars. I don't give a shit if you saved the Union. You're a faggot." There's a brave soldier somewhere in Iraq enjoying a delicious tootsie roll because of those six pennies you so generously gave.