Thursday, March 1, 2007

Who are Corey and Spencer?

Corey

Where to start? Well I'm 24 years old. I graduated from college a year or so ago. I planned on going to Law School, but since the fairly obvious realization that that was a horrible idea I’ve been spending my time with a mix of light working, world traveling, and hangin out. My hobbies include traveling, reading weird books written in the 60's and 70's*, laughing at funny shit**, and spending time with my lone friend Lance***.

I would say the biggest staple of my life is that I have no idea what I should be doing with it. I honestly have no fucking clue. One day I am trading currencies for a living and the next I am looking for a plane ticket to Nepal to join a Buddhist convent. I have a true passion for the avoidance of a "normal" or what you might call a "successful" life. I have taken very active steps to avoid any form of monetary, personal, or emotional accomplishment since graduating from College. This is never more evident than me quitting my great job to drive aimlessly around the country in search of horrible experiences that my friends might think are funny. For some reason to me it seems that when it is all said and done a handful of great stories is going to be a lot more satisfying than pile of money.

My passion to figure out what to do with my life has led me to discover two new and exciting avenues of inquiry, Buddhism and Psychedelic drugs. Both have expanded my mind and both have given me hope that there may actually be some meaning out there. I can also assure you that there is going to be an abundance of both in the next few months on this trip.

This road trip is going to be life changing in both good and I am sure horrible ways. Yet, I can honestly say that I have never been more excited in my life for an experience. I feel this is me making my stand that I am never going to work a 9 to 5 job or settle for a normal life just because that is what you are suppose to do.


*Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Dharma Bums, Be Here Now

**Doug Stanhope, David Cross, Zach Galifianakis, Dave Chappelle and others


***Not a real friend…Not ever a real person


Spencer


For the majority of my 22 years on earth my life objectives have been the following: making people laugh, doing drugs and bonin(g) chicks. So far I’ve had limited success with the first two and completely failed at the last one. I enjoy soccer, stand-up comedy and not too much else. Possibly my greatest asset is that I can speak just enough Spanish to where I can possibly pass off as a mildly retarded Mexican.

My parents used to believe that I would amount to something but have recently caught on to my lack of ambition. This revelation has caused them to put all their hopes and capacity to love into their dog Oscar, or Osky as they affectionately refer to him.

However to paint a portrait of my life only looking at my downfalls would only be 90-95% accurate. I have also racked up quite a few accomplishments. The ones I’m proudest of are graduating from college, becoming the Grand Warlock of a Wiccan coven and getting an HJ. Judging by my current life path future accomplishments will most likely include but are not limited to drug-induced dementia, overcoming societal norms (becoming homeless) and giving an HJ for drug money.

I am neither willing nor able to get a job, which has made it necessary for me to explore other income generating options. My most successful venture has been dealing weed and shrooms (successful not in terms of monetary gain but in amounts of drugs consumed). Recently I discovered this internet-based phenomenon called “blogging.” Based on everything imagined in my mind about the ”blogging” I see no possible way that I won’t make a million dollars with this cash cow of the future. Unfortunately I am told that this will only work if I actually have something to write about, leading me to take part in a crazy road trip despite my intense hatred of driving and other people. In the unlikely event that this doesn’t pan out I will probably end up (humorous example of life choice to follow).



1 comment:

Cosmic Rhythm said...

Hey dudes, it's Colwell. You guys have been on the road now for almost a month and I'm just now finally starting to read your blog. So I'm sorry I'm so late but from now on I'll be all over it with posts and comments and what not. I miss you dudes. Later.

Colwell